Re: This was kinda scary to see...

by trichophile

I haven't seen the article in question, but previous research indicates that probably the most important consideration in choosing a victim is whether she is likely to resist effectively. If Anya is as assertive in real life as she is on the web, she's an unlikely victim. Seriously. Elderly women are unlikely to resist efectively, which may explain why they are so often rape victims.

If a woman who has an adult web page flirts a lot with her customers, most of her customers will enjoy the flirting in the same fantasy mode in which they enjoy the photos. A few men with deficient social skills may interpret flirting as a real invitation to sex, love, even marriage. Such men may become fixated on an outstandingly beautiful woman such as Anya or Penny and try to initiate a romantic and sexual relationship. When they are rebuffed, they may resort to stalking or sexual assault, since they truly believe the woman desires them and will eventually accept their advances after a period of playing hard-to-get. If I were in Anya's position, this is the sort of thing I would worry about. Having a husband with large muscles would be prudent.