Re: Let's not....

by longpageboy

While I generally agree with Vino and I also deeply feel with the victims of that terrible day and with their families, it has to be said that the entire world is suffering from the arrogant ways in which a totally incompetent US administration has seized the opportunity to shamelessly cash in on it, politically speaking.

The war in Iraq - that was probably unjustified from the start anyway - was prepared and carried out so stupidly that it could never reach its declared aims, leaving everybody involved stuck in an incredible mess. I think that very approach insults the suffering of those almost 3,000 people who perished in the World Trade Center day by day.

Fighting terrorism is a noble challenge that has to be met. But it takes brains. The way Bush handles things might make him one of the biggest promoters of terrorism in the long run.

The motto must not be: Leave this discussion for another day, another forum. This way it will never take place.

In the face of death and tragedy bravery and courage means not turning a blind eye on inconvenient truths.