Re: Re: Ann Curry

by Maimee

The thing I'm wondering is if Ann's hair even qualifies to be made into a wig?

They cut off the bottom 10" of length, the bare minimum donation. And that 10" had all the layers of the growing out! So, if she was lucky, 50% of it might be used.

Then there was the lady with the 42" mullet. Straight Face She was in her 50's and donated the long part. I wonder if her hair was of sufficient quality to be used. ( Especially after Katey carried it around for the rest of the program. Katey even had her own hair styled into a ponytail and had the braid attached and wore it around!) The haircut the lady ended up with made her look like every other 50+ woman!

Not to mention, Ann has some real issues about her hair in general. Every time over the past year someone mentioned her hair, she always said she hated it, or made some crack about looking like Cher. On Monday's show, she even said she would be happy when she could get a "normal" haircut. What does that mean? Long hair isn't a "normal" style?

Ann is a beautiful woman and has looked good in every hairstyle she's tried, but IMO, with long hair, she was more "unique" as a newscaster.

I'm glad the bald girl liked the wig she got, but to me it looked like a wig! It also looked like too much hair for one person to normally have growing out of their head!

If you are a member of the "longhairdivas" Yahoo group you probably received this interesting read from another member: zellandyne.livejournal.com/430726.html

I don't know how true it is, but it make you think.