BIG SECRET

by Taylor

Wow, what a thread! You really touched a nerve!

My wife of 22 years knows I love long hair, though her hair has never been longer than bra-strap length. It's currently shoulder length. She's given me hairjobs. Her hair's length has been an issue for us. She likes it shorter, but for a long time was afraid to cut it because she thought I wouldn't have sex with her if it wasn't "penis length." I had to assure her that I love her and want her no matter what length her hair is.

That said, I don't think she has any idea about my Internet life. I only recently started checking this site from home when she's in the shower, now that we have DSL, and I can do it quickly. I never download anything at home, and I erase all the temporary files and cookies I might get from surfing here. (Firefox has a great "Clear Private Data" command in the newest release. We use IE for other surfing.)

I do my surfing during work hours. Right now I'm on a work laptop with wireless connectivity at a public library. I've got many treasured CDs of videos and pictures I've downloaded from Anya's site. I can lock my desk at work, so I'm not worried about anybody finding them. I try to be very careful, and in 11 years I've never been caught.

Sometime in the next year or so I may be changing careers, becoming self-employed and working with my wife from home. When that happens I'm going to have to make some hard decisions about what to keep and what to throw out and whether to leave my online life behind.

Unlike you lucky guys with longhaired wives and girlfriends, I justify my surfing for longhaired women (and the occasional monthly membership at Anya's) because my wife doesn't have long hair. I suppose if I ever do get caught I'll make that excuse.

I've got a bald spot, and yesterday a hair replacement commercial came on TV. She told me that if I ever wanted to do something like that it would be OK with her, but if I don't, it would be OK. She said I could cut it short (like Ed Harris) or shave my head if I wanted. She didn't care. She loves me for me. That was nice to hear. But I also remember her saying something many years ago, how I'll never understand how important a thick head of hair on a man is to a woman. I do know that I love her dearly, that I'd never leave her.

Taylor