Re: Fear Factor

by Mel

Well, they finally found something the contestants were actually afraid to do. I think too many contestants were willing to eat yucky stuff, so they had to change up the stunts a little.

Luckily the team that completed the hair cut stunt for $25k, actually won the final stunt and got the final $25K and won the total $50K for the show.

The only reason that girl did the haircut is because her brother ( yes, they were a brother and sister team) promised her the whole $25K for the stunt if she did it. Luckily they won the final stunt so her brother was able to get something out of the show.

The latina chick WAS talking smack, and I was honestly disappointed that she didn't go through with the haircut ( totally bald! ) especially after she said she was a hairdresser and had shaved her head before, so it was no big deal. Booo....

My reasons for the "Boooo":

a) She wasn't my girl! Innocent Angel ( of course, I would have been upset if she was my girl and had done it, but reason (b) would have been the clincher, and the possibility of $25K Laughing )

b) it would have been HER decision to do it.

c) it would have grown back. ( The latina said 8 months to grow back her hair, on the show, but to get back to where she was, would have taken over a year, maybe 2. )

d) Cutting long hair is still an activity to do with long hair. ( Certainly not first on my list of things to do with long hair but ya takes what ya can get. Embarrassed )

All in all, the blonde ( fake boobs!) and the latina made the right decision, because they lost in the end anyways!

Unfortunately, the team that finally won, could have gotten the whole $50K without the haircuts, probably. ( I'm not sure if they had all opted out of the haircut , whether anyone would have gotten the cash.) ( I was also not aware of the fact that the other teams would get to continue to compete if they didn't do the stunt. )

Sorry to disagree with the other guy, but that girl's hair ( the sister ) wasn't THAT bad, and actually looked good on her! After the cut, not so much!

What this means for future shows, I don't know. Now that contestants know about the haircuts, we may be seeing more short hair people competing, that won't care about that stunt, and that wouldn't be good either. Not much eye candy!

Sorry if I upset anyone in this group, but I've been there done that. I had a girl in Thailand who had cut her hair short ( she did the monk thing and/or sold it, I never found out which Sad ) and found that it was just as sensual to run my hands through her cropped hair as it was her long hair. ( Besides, reason (b) above, is always most important! )