Fear Factor

by romeopapa

Anybody happen to catch "Fear Factor" last night? Well, instead of eating bugs, or roadkill for the second stunt, they marched the three pairs of contestants into a room with nothing but a barber chair surrounded by a Wheel-of-Fortune kind of layout, only with different haircuts depicted. Mohawk, totally bald, side mohawk, etc. Each pair of contestants was one guy and one girl. The first one to sit in the chair would be spun around and receive whichever haircut the chair ended up pointing to. The chicks (and me) were in shock! Straight Face

So the first one to go was a really pretty, slim blonde with incredible silky hair almost to her waist! She got in the chair, and her partner gave her a spin. I forget where it landed, but let's say a mohawk. Whatever it was, some production guy was gonna come out with a clippers and shave her head. I was freaking out! So was she. Her boyfriend was trying to convince her to go ahead and do it. I just kept thinking Man, if that was my girlfriend I'd get up there and tell that guy there is no fucking way you are going to shave my girlfriend's head!! I don't care how much money the prize is. Fuck You!!! Thank God, I was so proud of that girl, she finally got up out of the chair and said she wasn't going to let them do it!! Laughing Thumbs Up Kiss Hugging man Hugging Woman The second chick did it, both she and her brother, in a patchwork quilt kind of buzz cut. Then the third chick got on the chair (notice they always made the girls go first!) This girl had gorgeous hair also, thick, dark brown, incredibly shiny falling in loose waves over her shoulders and tumbling down her back. She was talking all kinds of shit. See, if she quit, the couple who did do it would automatically win $25k, and all three couples would get to come back to compete for another $25k the next day. The dark haired girl claimed to be a salon owner, so she gets the spin, and the chair lands on completely bald! Out comes the asshole with the clippers. Angry Shes' gonna do it! But really, she's trying to save face, cuz she talked so much shit earlier. She and her boyfriend are talking it out. He says, Well how long until you can do something with it? She tells him, About 8 months. He says something about a wig, and she is out of that chair like a shot!! I am NOT wearing no wig!, she says.

So anyway, the point of my long-winded story is: "Kudos to those two beautiful women for sticking up for themselves and telling Fear Factor to fuck off!!!! If they would have been on Maury Povice, or Oprah, they would have been cajoled and coaxed and probably browbeaten until they gave in and cut their luscious locks, having been conviced that they were doing it "for a good cause"!!! Cry

Long Live Long Hair!!!

Laughing