Re: Finally a fashion trend we can agree with

by Longpageboy

Although I welcome the trend as such, it ultimately serves as only one more example of fashion ridiculousness.

So the bob was fashionable last year. Okay. But how can all those who followed that trend 12 months ago now sport hip-length manes when it takes about four years of patient growth from one style to the other?

For me, really long hair is about patience and perseverance (which qualities I deeply love and admire in women who grow and maintain very long manes), and not about buying extensions from some store. And it is not about change every year at all anyway, either. The very idea of long hair inherently protests against any concept of fashion whatsoever, because reaching very long hair simply takes longer than any fad will ever survive in the fashion industry.

And as the human body cannot and will not be reinvented by fashion designers any time, all they can do is come back again to what used to be fashionable so long ago that fashion followers simply don´t remember. The whole business is a laugh.