Shampoo Ads too, but...

by Evans

Recently there was a thread on TV shampoo ads, which reminded me of a shampoo ad that had a huge impact on me in my early years (around the time I hit puberty), except it was not a TV ad, but a magazine ad.

Before I share the pic, I should say that it is somewhat strange that this paticular pic had as strong an impact on me as it did, since while I like a lot of hair lengths, styles and color, my favorite is long, straight and brunette, and this pic is anything but, and quite the exact opposite in fact (apart from the straight part).

So here is the pic/ad:

Linda Evans, in a Clairol Ultress ad. From a Cosmopolitan magazine from the 1980s (that shows you how old I am!).

The first time I saw it, I was truly mesmerized by the beauty of her hair. The golden color was captivating. But what made it outstanding for me was the perfectly coiffured bob. Perfectly shaped, and not a single strand of hair out of place. I loved how the bob curved inwards towards her neck at the ends, and didn't just end "straight". I loved the bangs and how it fell. And to top it all of, the facial beauty of the owner of this exquisite bob (those eyes!?!).

I spent hours looking at this one single pic. Imagining how soft her hair must be. And how wonderful it must have smelt. Trying to picture in my mind how it must have looked from behind. How badly I wanted to run a wide-tooth comb through her hair, to see the locks being separated as the comb runs through it, and to be perfectly rearranged again in the exact same way/position after.

And yes…I’ll admit it…for all the elegance that this look and hairdo has, the thoughts that would run through my mind would ultimately turn into ones that were decidedly more sexual in nature…often leading to sizable and glorious releases of pleasure. Embarrassed

While the above pic was my favorite, Ms. Evans had a few other ads that were also very nice, 2 of which I share below:

This ad was at a time when soap operas were at its peak, and a lot of the beautiful actresses did shampoo/hair product ads, which was a thrill for me. Loved going though my Mum’s ladies magazines looking for similar treasures. And there were many. Victoria Principal, Jacklyn Smith, Connie Selleca, Morgan Fairchild, Valerie Bertinelli, the list really went on. I can’t remember now which products they were advertising, except for Victoria Principal - Jhirmack (does it still exist?).

Pantene, who as we all know has taken TV ads in the modern day to a whole new erotic level with celebrities like Selena Gomez, Eva Mendes, Shilpa Shetty, etc, seemed to follow a different path for their own magazine ads in the 1980s - not with celebrities, but with truly beautiful, yet “unknown” (at least to me) models with truly beautiful hair, under the slogan “Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful”. I used to get a hard-on just reading those words on the ad, never mind looking at the models! Anyone else who remembers these ads? If you have no idea what I mean, apologies for not posting any examples but just Google the slogan + Pantene and you’ll see what I mean - there were a lot of them back in the day, and about a dozen or so that really stood out. But all, as I say, “unknown” models.

But I always come back to that initial Linda Evans Clairol Ultress ad... Embarrassed