1500 Re: Re: Re: Haircut fetishists disgust me

by mp4393

>>>Why is it a fetish though? What is the appeal.

>>>If they want short hair, why not just get off to short hair and leave long hair alone

>>>I don't understand it because its a dumb fetish

I'm a long-hair fan first, but to me a well-done long-to-short makeover is like watching a woman wearing incredibly sexy lingerie do a striptease. The lingerie is beautiful, but I still enjoy seeing it come off. The before is great, but so is the during and after. And like a striptease, the exposure and vulnerability of the result is part of the appeal. Except that it is more intense because the haircut is not reversible.

Like many here -- I enjoy seeing long hair brushed, braided, put up, let down, swinging side to side, etc. Cutting is just the next and final step in that process. Because healthy-looking long hair is typically fleeting with age, such changes are often inevitable. I'd rather see a dramatic haircut on beautiful long hair celebrated than see an attractive woman let her long hair get scraggly and thin over the years but by that point be too attached to let go.

A major haircut also has a cultural link to coming of age and being more womanly by becoming more mature and sophisticated. A lot of women cut their long hair when they finish school or get married. There can be sex appeal in her willingness to commit to change and take the risk of cutting her long beautiful hair. There is also an appeal in the dramatic change itself. If your partner goes from long-to-short, it can be like being with a new woman. That can be good or bad, depending on the feelings of everyone involved.

For long hair fans who want to branch out or are just curious, I always suggest haircut.net video 53 (Trisha). It's a fantastic long hair video by itself with modeling and brushing, and if you let the video keep playing you see an amazing transformation and all the emotions that go with it.