Rape of the locks

by Alan Friedman

Sadly, last week I noticed that the normally very large bun on this woman I see often as a clerk at a local health food store, was noticeably smaller. I feared the worst and the next time I saw her I was able to comment on the new size of her bun. Sadly she admitted that she had cut off over three feet of her hair. It was now just below shoulder length, she said. It used to come to her mid thigh. I was at a loss for words and could only say, "Oh my God."

I had seen her only a few times with her long hair loose, and then today, I saw her with her short hair, very wavy and just below her shoulders. So very sad. Next time I have the chance to speak to her, I'll inquire what the man or men in her life thought of her haircut. Too bad she did not leave it at least at waist length. It used to be stunning.

Meanwhile, last week I spotted a young woman with awesome red hair well below her butt. I'm planning on asking my closest long hair friend if she can talk to this young red head and get some photos of her.

Also, I keep looking for the woman at Costco with the waist length hair and never seem to spot her. I'm not giving up on that quest, trust me!